Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” Spring brings out the desire to open your windows and scrub everything down to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Cleveland to get your home looking like new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to ensure your home’s systems are running properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in Cleveland should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for summer. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Replace the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, including plantation shutters, to enhance your window’s energy efficiency. Open and close each window to ensure that they can easily move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. First, declutter each room to open up the space. After that, clean areas you don’t wipe down every week.These areas include floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Shine up your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Wash your windows and screens to get rid of smudges and dirt. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
A simple way to redecorate your rooms is to use what you already have. You can give your room a whole new look by rearranging your furniture. You can also shop your home, which means switching out the items you already have between rooms. Add more color with colorful accessories, new paint, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new style, then browse through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for every space in your home. Once you’ve picked colors and the style you like, you can look for coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple piece to update that coordinates with your furnishings and freshens up your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you want more ideas for inspiration, browse through our design tips. And if you find a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 440-561-6787 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will walk you through choosing the right window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.